About the position…
Wahl and Case is looking for an experienced salesperson who is a passionate, driven self-starter to join one of our consulting teams. Each team is specialized, with a focus on a particular segment or function within the tech industry, such as: advertising and consumer technology, enterprise technology, web engineers and creative talent.
Consultants at Wahl and Case are responsible for the full recruitment process for mid-career professionals. This includes sourcing and screening candidates, business development and account management of client accounts, negotiation of client contracts and candidate offers, and long-term relationship management, such as after-placement care. Work as a recruitment consultant is challenging, competitive, and fast-paced. While it is essential to have the communication skills and emotional intelligence to build strong relationships, you will also need to have an underlying goal-orientation and the ability to overcome adversity. We will expect you to achieve your targets while delivering first- class service to your clients and candidates. You will have a lot of fun, our full support, and a lot of responsibility.
- Commercial. You recognize opportunities and successfully execute solutions tailored to client needs with a high degree of professionalism; making placements and generating revenue.
- Results driven. You have a track record of delivering consistent results, meeting and exceeding targets, and providing exceptional levels of customer service.
- A Troubleshooter. You find elegant solutions to problems and see them through to completion.
- Consultative. You have experience in value-added sales, whereby your customer is seeking professional advice rather than someone simply administering orders.
- Persuasive. You are able to negotiate, influence and persuade; able to push back to your customers at the appropriate timing.
- Capable. You have superior organizational skills, work with integrity and demonstrate great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- Team-oriented. You share information openly and commit to not only your individual success, but to that of your teammates as well.
- Naturally Curious. You’re innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- A Connector. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited network of clients and candidates for Wahl and Case; you want to exceed your targets and advance your career.
- Bilingual. You are confident using both English and Japanese in a business setting, including face-to-face meetings, over the phone, and written communication.
- Achieve your quarterly revenue targets by maintaining healthy activity levels and working with the Wahl and Case values of innovation, excellent customer service, and teamwork in mind at all times.
- Manage approximately 10-20 client accounts within your specialist portfolio, including some who are not actively hiring, employing strategic prioritization of your time amongst accounts.
- Generate business with new clients by recognizing leads, creating strategy and building relationships which result in new contracts, utilizing cold calling and referrals from your network.
- Source and screen candidates for suitable opportunities with our client companies, as well as to provide candidates with feedback about the market and how Wahl and Case will be able to support their search. This includes direct, as well as indirect approaches though our Sourcing team.
- Engage the Wahl and Case database of candidates with timely, helpful feedback to ensure that we are delivering the highest value.
- Maintain clear and timely documentation of your activities and communication with customers on internal CRM system.
- Deliver results to both clients and candidates in the form of successful introductions and well-managed recruitment processes, resulting in placements.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all interactions, working with strong business communication skills and a commitment to doing what is in the best interest of clients and candidates.
- While there is some sense of routine, the day-to-day work of a Recruitment Consultant can vary considerably – no two days are exactly the same.
- You will start off each morning with a team meeting and, with the exception of weekly catch-ups with your manager and a few other standing appointments, will move through the rest of your day according to your own priorities.
- Key tasks include calls to candidates and clients, face-to-face meetings both in and out of our offices, conducting screenings and interview preparation, helping to coordinate interview arrangements, negotiating client contracts and candidate offers, and maintaining relevant documentation.
- Founded in 2010, Wahl and Case helps the world’s most innovative firms attract people who want to change the world. We leverage a passionate, energetic, and professional staff motivated by broad personal growth potential to build solid, client-focused business lines across the spectrum of human capital needs. We know that the need for talent is the biggest single issue enterprises face, and we fulfill that need.
- Headquartered in Tokyo, with an office in San Francisco, we are home to over a 18 nationalities. The environment is international and our main internal language is English.
- We are driven by our commitment to build a successful business while continuing to provide excellent levels of service to both our clients and candidates. While we certainly work hard, we also take time to celebrate our successes and have enjoyed even company-wide incentive trips to tropical locations. You could sum up our culture in three words: results, service, and fun.
- Wahl and Case also has an entrepreneurial spirit and maintains close relationships to the startup community.
- We believe in the importance of providing ongoing training and development opportunities to all members of the Wahl and Case team. New starters take part in an extensive orientation program, designed to help consultants excel at all aspects of the recruitment process and begin working toward achieving their professional goals as quickly as possible.
- At Wahl and Case we aim to promote from within and, as we are continuing to quickly grow our businesses, there are a variety of career paths available to our consultants. After demonstrating your abilities as a consultant, you will have the option to continue focusing on building your own business area as an expert recruitment specialist. If you are interested in people management, you can begin your progression as a team leader – eventually taking on full responsibility for the profitability and career development of the consultants in your team as a manager.
- We also plan to continue expanding Wahl and Case’s global network and will look internally for the primary candidate pool when choosing a leader for new offices.